BECOME A REFEREE!
Adults and youth, ages 13 and up, are encouraged to take referee training courses.
Local Referee Training in February 2018:
- Grade 8 Entry Level Referee Course
- ***FULL*** February 24th referee course in San Ramon is now full.
- Click here to find a referee course
If the above date or location isn't ideal, click here to look at additional training dates in the Bay Area.
Reasons to become a referee:
- We need you – Especially adults! We have games for you!
- Games cannot be held without referees. The league needs you!
- Get good pay – better than almost any job you can get while in High School
- Pick the hours you want to work
- Have fun and meet new friends
- Learn much more about soccer so that you will better appreciate the game
- The Laws (rules) change every year and, as a referee, you will understand the calls made when you watch games in events such as in the World Cup
- If you take the course in another city, you can still referee in San Ramon
Any questions? Please write to email@example.com.
Refereeing is the only vocation where perfection is required from the start, with steady improvement expected thereafter...
Welcome to the San Ramon Referee Web Portal
San Ramon has a dedicated team of referees that manage all aspects of the referee experience. The San Ramon Referee Committee (SRRC) organizes the referee training sessions, assigns referees to games, manages the payments to the referees, initiates referee outreach and presents referee awards, and is the referees’ connection to the San Ramon FC board and the area referee association (CNRA). If you have any questions related to refereeing in San Ramon, please contact the San Ramon Referee Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Game Assignment and Payment
The SRRC assigns all league and tournament games using the assigning tool GameOfficials.net. Most league games are open for referee self-assignment. This allows referees to pick the times and referee positions that best aligns with their schedule and referee skill level. Our goal is to place referees on games that are best for the referees and the players. Information on how to create your GameOfficials account or how to add San Ramon to your existing GameOfficials account can be accessed by clicking on the Generate/Add a GameOfficials Account link.
For tournament games, the SRRC communicates with the entire referee team asking them to provide their availability. The SRRC assignors then manually assign referees to games and distribute out the assignments 2-3 weeks before the tournament starts. Tournaments draw a more geographically diverse team of referees and manual assignment allows the assignors to place referees, who do not always have experience with our assignment system, onto games by experience level.
The SRRC uses the GOPay payment system that is linked to the GameOfficials assignment system. GOPay provides referees with the ability to elect a direct deposit to their bank account free of charge, or GOPay will mail you a check for the amount earned minus a check processing fee. SRRC generates an invoice every 1-2 weeks for league games and works to get tournament payments within 2 weeks.